At Western Compensation & Benefits Consultants (“WCBC”), we are committed to providing our clients with exceptional services. As providing this service involves the collection, use and disclosure of some personal information, protecting the privacy and safeguarding personal information of the users of this site is one of our highest priorities. We collect personal information or data about you only with your consent.
“Personal Information” is defined in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (‘PIPEDA’) as any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual.
INFORMATION WCBC COLLECTS
WCBC limits the personal data we hold to what is relevant for our business and services. Data we may collect and hold include:
- name, position titles, telephone, street address, e-mail address;
- business related personal details (education, professional role, facilities preferences required for meeting planning);
- products and services previously purchased with WCBC;
- marketing channel preferences; and
- credit card or banking data for payments (only when supplied by you or your employer).
SOURCES OF INFORMATION
WCBC collects data from clients, prospective clients, service providers, industry experts and others with whom we have a business or professional relationship. We collect data when users:
- subscribe to our online publications;
- complete a registration form to be placed on our mailing list;
- complete a registration form to participate in WCBC’s annual surveys;
- order WCBC’s annual survey reports and publications;
- request information from us through our “Contact Us” form; and/or
- are designated by their employer as our contact person for the purpose of submitting proposals, managing client projects, and invoicing.
WCBC may collect user information through cookies. Cookies are text-only piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. This information is used to provide users a customized online experience. Users may disable cookies through their browser settings.
WCBC also receives data about employees of our clients in the form of data submission in our annual surveys and market study questionnaires that we analyze and apply in undertaking client work. Data of this type is use only to complete client work or broad statistical analysis, and is not combined with personal information we may otherwise hold.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING INFORMATION
WCBC collects personal information about you in order to provide services to meet the needs of both yourself and/ or authorized third parties (“Client”). Personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide clients with goods, services or information requested;
- to ensure a high standard of services to our clients;
- to identify client preferences;
- to understand the needs of our clients;
- to send subscribers email updates on new publications;
- to advise clients and potential clients about services offered by WCBC;
- to notify users of survey participation timeline;
- to fulfil online orders;
- to send invoices and collect payments;
- to correspond and liaise with contacts including clients and survey participants;
- to customize user’s online experience; and
- other purposes subject to obtaining user’s prior consent.
CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
WCBC will obtain users consent to collect, use or disclose personal information. Consent can be obtained through user’s express or implied consent. Expressed consent can be obtained verbally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent occurs when WCBC determines that consent has been implied by some action the user takes or decides to not take. Consent may also be implied when users is given notice and a reasonable opportunity to opt-out of personal information being used for mail-outs, or the marketing of new services and the user does not opt-out.
Unless personal information is deemed necessary to provide the service or the withdrawal of consent would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation, users can withhold or withdraw their consent for WCBC to use their personal information in certain ways.
WCBC will only use or disclose personal information where necessary to fulfill the purposes identified at the time of collection. We will not sell or share personal information to third parties for their own separate use. WCBC may only disclose information when required by law.
ENSURING INFORMATION IS CORRECT, COMPLETE AND CURRENT
Users have the right to access, verify and update personal information that WCBC has about them. If user identify any personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, let us know and we will makes the corrections.
WCBC uses physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect our systems and the confidentiality of all personal information against unauthorized alteration, disclosure or access. Employees are governed by strict standards and policies to ensure that personal information is secure and treated with care and respect. We will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personal information security.
If you have any concerns or inquiries about this policy, feel free to email email@example.com.