YOUR PARTNER IN COMPENSATION & BENEFITS CONSULTING
WCBC is a leading compensation and benefits consulting firm serving Canadian and international clients for over 40 years. We offer fully-integrated total compensation services.
Why Choose WCBC?
- Compensation & Benefits Are Our Business – WCBC confines its practice to assisting organizations determine how much and how to pay their employees. We are not a general HR consulting firm providing broad general advice, nor are we an insurance broker/consultant acting as an agent for insurance companies.
- WCBC’s Longevity & Reputation – WCBC has successfully provided compensation consulting services for over 40 years. The Firm has an enviable reputation for quality, lack of staff turnover and practical advice delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Professional Resources – WCBC has the largest total compensation consulting practice in BC. Our professionals all have significant experience in compensation consulting, preceded by formal education and professional designations in accounting, finance, human resources, compensation, actuarial science, employee benefits and management consulting.
- Compensation Governance – WCBC has a solid reputation for assisting clients in the development and application of appropriate compensation philosophies/pay policy positions. This has resulted in WCBC being retained to assist several regulators in developing appropriate procedures for governing the employee compensation of the organizations which they regulate through their statutory authority.
- Peer Review & Quality – Competent and complete compensation consulting advice can only be provided by a team of professionals – the required expertise does not reside in any one individual. All of our professional work is peer reviewed for quality assurance purposes prior to being released to clients.
- Sources of Data – Along with our custom consulting WCBC can provide corroborative data from our proprietary compensation databases.
CUSTOM CONSULTING vs. PUBLISHED SURVEYS
As outlined above, compensation experts at WCBC will work with you to find solutions customized to your organization. This approach provides the highest level of due diligence. However, if you don’t have the budget or the time, you could also consider our published surveys.
Which approach is right for you?
|CONSIDER A CUSTOM APPROACH IF YOUR
|CONSIDER PUBLISHED SURVEYS IF YOUR
|Positions are unique
|Positions are common to other organizations
|Business will go through organizational changes/ expansion
|Business will remain relatively stable
|Industry is changing
|Industry is not changing
|Interested in data beyond salaries and bonuses such as long-term incentives, perks, paid time off, group insurance or retirement benefits
|Interested primarily with salaries and bonuses or prevalence of total rewards plans.
|Criteria for compensation comparison is to target your compensation levels to compete with specific companies or a specific industry
|Criteria for compensation comparison is not as strict and can be based on location, economic sector or size parameters
|Timeframe is longer – custom surveys typically take 8 to 12 weeks to conduct
|Timeframe is shorter or immediate
|Budget is larger – to get the best solutions to your issues
|Budget is limited – surveys cover a large number of positions for a competitive price
|In-house knowledge is limited – you need professional advice, recommendations or assistance with implementation
|You have the in-house knowledge to apply the data appropriately